Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Kalispell


We finally got to take a little family trip on Sunday-Monday (Jay's days off). Jakub is on Spring Break and he has been begging to go somewhere to spend the night and swim in a pool. What better time to swim in a pool than "Spring Break". So, we pointed the truck North to Kalispell.

The trip over wasn't very far, about 2 and a half hours. The town of Kalispell is a good sized town. It has everything you need without being totally overwhelming. It is also about 30 miles from Glacier National Park (which we wanted to go, but didn't make it to). I found a hotel that we could bring the dog along with us... Good luck finding that... and having it be anything "nice".

We stayed in the Aero Inn, which I do NOT recommend. It is pretty much a hole, though I got what I payed for. We had to stay in a smoking room because of the dog. It smelled like someone had been smoking in it 24 hours for 30 straight years. Pretty bad for folks that don't smoke. It was a sacrifice we made though so we could bring the dog.

We shopped a little bit and then headed back to the room and ordered Papa-John's. This is a luxury we don't have where we live because there isn't a pizza joint within 40-50 miles. We chowed down and then headed to the pool. I will have to say that the "Inn" had a decent pool, which was really what the boy's wanted.

We finally retired for the night. Another problem with the "INN" was the mysterious CONSTANT "popping" sounds in the wall all night long, and the fact that you could hear everything that was going on in your neighbors room. I am making it sound horrible. It was pretty bad, but seriously... we had a blast.

We checked out the next morning and went shopping some more. We found this Western Store that had boots on sale, marked down AND take 50% more off. We got the mens all a pair of NICE boots for like $107 bucks!!!

The reason we didn't go to glacier is because I wasn't aware that "pets" weren't allowed. I didn't know if they would let us in if we promised to keep her in the truck or what... Plus, from what I understand we wouldn't have gotten very far in. I have all summer to go, we will just leave a LOT earlier next time and during a time where it is warmer.

OH!! About warmth, it was BEAUTIFUL this weekend here. The temps were nearly in the 60's!!!! The sun was out and man was it beautiful. I now know that winter here only makes you appreciate the seasons soooo much more. Spring has nearly Sprung!!!!

On our treck back home we stopped in Libby and had some time at a playground and at Kootenai Falls State Park. I would have like to have stayed longer but we were all tired. We did see the falls and made it halfway over the bridge... of DEATH. I honestly can't wait to go back so we can explore more. I did get some really good photos.

Yesterday I did some MAJOR Spring Cleaning. I can't get over how AMAZING the weather is here right now!!! I opened all the windows in the house and let it air out. I plan on doing the same thing today, along with some more Spring Cleaning. I got all of our winter stuff taken to storage and got out the kids spring toys.

Tom came over last night, he is our neighbor... kinda like a stand in Pap-Paw till Pap-Paw gets here. He took the kids for ice cream last night. He is the first person, besides family that has taken them any where so I was a little nervous. Y'all know how protective I am of my kiddo's. I wouldn't have let them go if I didn't trust Tom though. He is a good man and is an extention of our family.

So, there are no plans today. Like I said, just cleaning more and enjoying this weather. Maybe the boys and I will go down to the river and skip stones or something. I have really enjoyed Jakub being off for spring break!


No comments:

Post a Comment