Thursday, May 7, 2009

Being Appreciative

"When life gives you lemons...", Well we all know how to answer that one. Though, sometimes it takes us a long while to realize that Lemons aren't really what we have. Maybe something even finer, like Grapes to make wine.

Since moving to Montana I have come to realize the "grapes" that I have in life. In fact, it isn't just a stem of them, I have an entire grape orchard. Being up here, on our own, we have learned to appreciate one another even more.

I watched a movie last night, it was called "Into the Wild". It was pretty much about a guy who was trying to escape problems with his parents and issues he had with himself. So he takes a long journey, over the span of 2 years and disappears from everything he knows to find true happiness in solitude in Alaska. Only, in the end, he realizes true happiness must be shared.

The movie also touches on being ourselves, 100% and what are we really trying to prove to the world when we buy the fanciest cars... best houses...highest education, so on and so forth. Power is an illusion that most of us know can disappear in a matter of moments... Look a all the HUGE POWERHOUSE companies that have had to be bailed out by government.

I guess I came away from the movie with a better appreciation of what I have. Can I tell you about it?

First, My family is AMAZING. My husband, he is so truly wonderful and GOD sent. I am so madly in love with him. He is patient, kind, loving, forgiving, funny and works hard. His ethic is one that most people don't see anymore. The best part, He is mine... my partner for life.

My kids, wow, what can I say about them. They teach me lessons daily about pure love and patience. They make my heart ache when I think of them... In a good way... sometimes in an "they are getting so big and will hate me one day" way... which causes me sorrow sometimes. But you aren't a mother unless your children make you cry over them growing up.

I never understood unconditional love before I had kids... now not only do I feel it for them, but my husband and even myself now as well.

Second appreciation... I am a Christian. I believe. Look where we are, MONTANA. Would I be where I am today with out someone looking over me. I have tons of angels watching over my shoulder every day. I can imagine them sitting on my couch and laughing at me sometimes for my silliness and insecurities. I imagine they talk to God a lot on my behalf. I am a "pray-er". I am constantly in contact with the Head Honcho... praising him mostly for my family... and then other times asking for answers in my daily walk.

Third, there is a roof over my head, a vehicle in my drive, food on my table, clothes on my back... and we even have toys to play with. Not everyone can say that. I AM FORTUNATE. I am alive AND happy! I feel badly for those out there that can't see what they have in front of them. Heck, it may not be much and you could be in that dark time in your life...but you know what, it does get better, life is worth living, relax and be free.

I suppose I have gotten to a point in this particular blog when I don't know where else to go with it. So I will relay the happenings in our life...

Jakub had his spring concert last night. He was so handsome up on the stage singing and dancing to Doe, a deer, a female deer... He actually SANG! I am so proud of him. Oh, and he informed me that he told a girl in his class that she was his "girlfriend". It cracks me up... HE IS IN KINDERGARTEN!!! Speaking of which, they graduate May 21st...which I am sure will make me cry, ah what a pain it is to be an emotional human :)

Jack is growing, getting big. He still manages to crack me up on a daily basis. Oh, and he has become my lazy-bum. He stays up late with us and sleeps in till noon. Ahhh the life of a toddler!

We had our first thunder/lightning storm in seven months last night. It is funny the things you miss when you don't have them. God knew I needed a little piece of home and blessed me with that last night. Now If I can just find some way for catfish to fall from the sky, and all of you...:)
We appreciate all the prayers sent our way. We also want everyone to know that we love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment